Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Friday, April 11, 2014

"I will go and do the things which the Lord has Commanded ..." 1 Nephi 3:7

(Email excerpt from Elder's Email: March 31st, 2014)


Thanks for taking those names to the temple. Can you please keep in your prayers Sister C's Mom?  Well the work here is going great. We have had great miracles happen to us here in the Wisconsin Rapids ward. This week was good and busy.  The K. boys are a less active family that we visit.They are the most teachable kids, very outgoing and humble individuals. I love the boys so much. It would be my greatest desire to see them go on future missions.

My five months out in the field seems to be going good so far. The days go by fast. Something crazy happened to us this week.  We were invited to this family's home.  This family previously could not accept organized religion.  I had a scripture in mind that I wanted to them to read from the Book of Mormon  It was1 Nephi 3:7, "I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded." Instead I told them to read 3 Nephi 3:7 on accident.  It was the biggest mistake ever.

It read:

"Or in other words, yield yourselves up unto us, and unite withus and become 
acquainted with our asecret works, and become our brethren that ye may blike 
unto us—not our slaves, but our brethren and partners of all our substance.

It was so bad, we just got up and left. Other than that, my week was good. :) I think I'm being transferred on the 22nd of the month.  President pretty much said as much in my last interview.  I am so looking forward to General Conference.  I am so excited.  Elder Gulliver is looking good in his pictures.  Where is he serving in Auckland?  Otara? 

I love you guys so much. Thanks for taking care of me.

Elder



No comments:

Post a Comment