Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Aligning with the will of the Father

(Excerpts from Elder's Email: February 10th, 2014)

This week has been going good.  We are teaching, but need to pray and work harder to commit those to baptism.  In my studies I have been learning a lot on aligning my will with Heavenly Father's. I have been trying to do good with this principle but I wanted to learn more. I learned that when we align our will with Heavenly Father we have more joy. Earlier in my mission I use to find it hard to look past people's flaws, at that stage I was only a week in.  The Lord has been teaching me.  Now I sit in lessons with people who I recognize have difficult problems and when I look at them all I see is potential.  We have a new investigator who loves to smoke. Ever since she has allowed us into her home I say to myself, "Elder McMoore, this sister has the potential to be a Relief Society President" or with J. I say "Elder McMoore, J. has the potential to be a Young Men's President." I believe all of these things and I would have never had realize this if I was not striving to aligned my will with God's. For a miracle this week we have been really looking for family we can teach and for people we can baptize. 
Love you guys,

Elder McMoore


No comments:

Post a Comment