Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Learning to Lean on the Lord


(Excerpts from Elders email: March 17th, 2014)

It brought an amazing burn to my heart to read that my dearest egg of a friend Afa, now is a Priest.  I am very proud of him.  This I know he knows.  I am so happy to hear that my cousin (Elder Gulliver) is now at the M.T.C.  I am excited and very happy for him.  He looks good in the pictures you sent.  The uniform suits him!  haha.
 
T.  is going great. She has been converted to the gospel and not the missionarys. I love it so much here in Wisconsin Rapids.  It's going to be hard to leave here when and if I transfer.  Something truly amazing happen to us this week and it is truly remarkable. We got a call on a cold Friday morning from a former investigator.  She had a lot of worry in her voice.  She explained that she was worried for her and her children's current situation.  She needed help by the way of groceries to feed her children.  At the time I was very nervous because it was way out of my reach.  We cannot shop until Pday (Monday).  I called Bishop and he didn't answer, so I got really scared.  I didn't know what to do.  I prayed very hard for help.  Later that day, my companion and  went to see a less active member.  She pulled out a bunch of groceries and said that she bought them for us because she didn't want us to starve!  This was an answer to our prayers!!!  We took those groceries knowing they were meant not for us but for this sister and her children.  She cried and was filled with much gratitude.  It was crazy cool!!!  I silently said a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for blessing us with a way to help.  1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way or them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 
 
Don't worry about me.  All is well.  I am learning to lean on the Lord and to ask him for things.  It is a humbling experience.  I love you guys. 
 
Happy birthday Liam you egg! Your brother loves you.
 
Love,
Elder McMoore

 

No comments:

Post a Comment