Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Meet My District

(Excerpts from Elder email: January 27th, 2014)

This week was a very busy week. We did a lot of harvesting and a lot of planting. This whole week we went HAM, and it was like 2 Degrees!!!! I'd say most of the houses didn't want to talk to us.  This whole past week we have been getting fed by our members every day because my companion leaves to go home in just a few days. Today, I found out who will be my next companion.  His name is Elder Webster. I hope he loves to work. The mission is going O.K. I'm realizing everyday just how bad some of the situations are for some people here in Wisconsin, but that's why I'm out here right?  To help people realize that through Christ all of their bad troubles will go away.
 
This morning during my study I had really felt prompted to read about Joseph, son of Jacob. I could not help but feel the love that poor Joseph had for his brothers who had done him wrong. As I was reading I was prompted to think of you guys. Sometimes mission life can get hard for me, because at times I miss home.  I remember though, that my family is receiving blessings for my service in God's army. This helps me push through down times.
 
My companion is eager to see his family! He is really excited but torn that he is leaving. I'm fine in the field Mom and Dad. How is Liam and Kyla? I miss Ipo, Isaiah, Ike and Kay, but I know that Lord loves us and prospers us while we each are serving.
Meet my district!
Love you guys,
Elder McMoore

No comments:

Post a Comment